Location: South Africa
Outcome: This paper details and contrasts the patterns of household energy consumption from three sample groups across unelectrified areas in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal, North West and the Eastern Cape. Understanding patterns of household energy consumption and expenditure, as well as the energy burden of rural households, can be used to shape and inform energy interventions within these regions.
Household Energy Use: a comparison of energy consumption and expenditure across three provinces.
- Restio leads SANEDI study on off-grid options in SA
- EU funds development of an Off-Grid Management Authority in SA
- Evaluation of the Capital Access programme in East Africa
- Collaboration with UCL on improving access to thermal energy services
- Working with the World Bank revising the Energy for Rural Transformation (ERT) programme II in Uganda.
Our Latest Tweet
Follow @restioenergy on Twitter