Location: South Africa
Outcome: Restio Energy was contracted by Eskom, the national electricity utility, to assess the impacts of the utility’s loadshedding activities on households in the country. Socio-economic research was carried out in 2 major metropolitan areas of the country, which informed a communication strategy as well as technical intervention strategies that form part of the project.
Societal Resilience to Loadshedding
- Restio leads SANEDI study on off-grid options in SA
- EU funds development of an Off-Grid Management Authority in SA
- Evaluation of the Capital Access programme in East Africa
- Collaboration with UCL on improving access to thermal energy services
- Working with the World Bank revising the Energy for Rural Transformation (ERT) programme II in Uganda.
Our Latest Tweet
Follow @restioenergy on Twitter