Client: SA Government, Nuon (Dutch Utility)
Location: South Africa
Outcome: Restio Energy assisted significantly in the establishment of Nuon RAPS Utility, a partnership between RAPS Pty Ltd and Nuon (a Dutch Utility company), which is currently operating an off-grid Utility in Northern KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. NuRa has been operational since December 2001, and has over 10 000 customers. The utility’s core product is a 50 Wp solar home system, of which the utility intends installing 23 000 over the next 5 years. At the centre of the utility’s operation are energy stores which act as points of sale, technical service centres as well as retailing a range of fuels (especially LPG) and energy related products. Restio Energy provided a range of services to NuRa, including feasibility studies, implementation planning, customer education/marketing, GIS support and technical training.
The Nuon-RAPS Utility: South Africa
- Restio leads SANEDI study on off-grid options in SA
- EU funds development of an Off-Grid Management Authority in SA
- Evaluation of the Capital Access programme in East Africa
- Collaboration with UCL on improving access to thermal energy services
- Working with the World Bank revising the Energy for Rural Transformation (ERT) programme II in Uganda.
Our Latest Tweet
Follow @restioenergy on Twitter